Top 10 Places for Palm Desert Family Fun.
Whether you have children or you’re just young at heart, Palm Desert is the place for family-friendly fun! So grab your sneakers, your swimsuit or just your sense of adventure, and join us at these top fun-filled attractions in Palm Desert and the surrounding area:
- Get soaked. Dive into one of the three pools at the new Palm Desert Aquatic Center at the Palm Desert Civic Center Park. Kids will enjoy the splash pool – only a foot deep – with fun features that splash and spray water on the revelers below. Older kids and adults will love the two water slides that twist their way down into the family recreation pool. An Olympic-size pool completes the picture and is great for lap swimming or diving. Or, if you're looking for more adrenaline-pumping thrill rides, Wet 'n' Wild in Palm Springs is more than just a water park – it’s an all-ages water experience! Either pool experience offers a great way to beat the heat and have a great time.
- Head off-road. Experience the rugged desert with a fun all-terrain vehicle tour. The ride will be full of thrills, with plenty of steep mountains, rocky terrain and even desert wildlife.
- Play around. Events for kids abound at Palm Desert’s state-of-the-art McCallum Theatre, a stunning performing arts center featuring everything from children’s productions of favorite fairy tales to magic acts and more.
- Have a hands-on day. Too hot to play outside? Head to the Children’s Discovery Museum of the Desert instead. Located in Rancho Mirage, this museum is full of cool exhibits to get your kids’ brains working – while providing hands-on fun.
- See more than a movie. You could catch the latest blockbuster anywhere, but for a movie experience like no other, you can’t beat the IMAX at Regal Rancho Mirage – where you’ll feel like you’re part of the action.
- Go sky-high. One of the area’s best-known attractions, the Palm Springs Aerial Tramway allows your family to soar high above the Coachella Valley. The kids will ooh and ahh over the fun ride – and you’ll fall in love with the great view.
- Delve into the wild desert. Part zoo, part botanical garden and part nature preserve, the Living Desert is one Palm Desert attraction that everyone loves. Don’t miss the new Wildlife Hospital, where you can see first hand how our beloved wild creatures are cared for.
- Park it. What’s better than Palm Desert fun? Free fun, of course. Grab your skateboard, bike, ball or just a picnic basket and head over to Civic Center Park. With plenty of playing fields, a skate park, ponds with ducks and geese, biking and walking paths, picnic tables and of course grassy areas galore, there’s more than enough to entertain the kids here.
- Take an easy trek. Kids not up for a long hike? Head to the Randall Henderson Trail. This easy climb is a great way to get outside – without committing to a major hike.
- See the tree. Joshua Tree National Park, that is. This famed expanse of exposed granite, varied flora and fauna and of course the peculiar Joshua tree has plenty for kids to do – including becoming a Junior Ranger!
In Palm Desert, fun is easy to find – indoors and out. So no matter what type of activities bring your family together, you’ll find them here. So why wait? Request your Palm Desert Vacation Guide – and make your plans to see these great Palm Desert area attractions now.
The Living Desert
October 1 to May 31
9:00 am to 5:00 pm
Last admission - 4:00 pm
June 1 to September 30
8:00 am to 1:30 pm
Last admission - 1:00 pm
June 30, 2016
7:00 pm - 9:00 pm
Westfield Palm Desert
More info »