There’s nothing like your first time in Palm Desert – the smell of the fresh desert air, the warm sun, the stunning scenery. If you’re planning your first Palm Desert vacation, make it memorable with these expert tips.
- Book a relaxing room. Whether you choose a boutique hotel or a resort, you’ll want a place to stay that’s rejuvenating and fits your style.
- Take a stroll down El Paseo. Whether or not you’re on a couture budget, there’s plenty to see in this shopping haven – even if you’re just looking.
- Dine al fresco. Even if it’s winter back home, it’s still great weather for outdoor dining in Palm Desert. With dozens of restaurants offering year-round terrace seating, you’re sure to find great food in the perfect outdoor setting.
- Get outdoors. Whether golf’s your game or you prefer tennis, swimming or a nature hike, make sure to spend some serious time soaking up the warm Southern California sun with your favorite outdoor activity.
- Whatever you do, plan to be spontaneous. It's easy to schedule every minute, but Palm Desert is a great place to sit back, relax and just enjoy the sunshine.
Looking for a good dose of delicious on your Palm Desert vacation? You’re in luck! Not only is Palm Desert full of fantastic restaurants and cafes featuring cuisine from around the world, but it’s also where you’ll find great culinary events, cultural attractions and other delights. For a trip you’ll savor for years to come, try this itinerary.
- Attend a foodie festival. Enjoy dining al fresco under the palms or sample a new cuisine at Palm Desert Restaurant Week. You’ll fall in love with Palm Desert’s great culinary culture.
- Stroll the Art Walk. Head to El Paseo on the first Thursday of the month for an evening of great art in dozens of unique galleries.
- Take a mid-century modern tour. Palm Desert is home to a wide variety of mid-century modern homes and public buildings by famed architects like Albert Frey, William Krisel and Walter White.
- Go wine tasting. You may be in the desert, but you’re still not far from hundreds of California wineries. Take advantage of the Golden State’s wine-producing regions by ending the evening with a glass or two at one of city’s many wine bars and cafes.
Whether it’s a carefree trip with your best girlfriends, a mother-daughter adventure or a bachelorette weekend, Palm Desert is a great place for your next girls’ getaway. If you’re planning to hit the desert with a group of ladies, make sure you add these essential activities to your escape.
- Brunch with the best. Who doesn’t love a good brunch and some even better girl talk? Grab your friends and snag a table at one of the city’s scrumptious outdoor cafes.
- Rejuvenate your mind, body and soul. Treat your girls, and yourself, to a facial, pedicure or full day of pampering at one of Palm Desert’s luxurious spas.
- Hit the pool. There’s nothing like hanging out at the hotel or resort pool with your best girlfriends. Just grab a magazine, a towel and your sunscreen and you’re on your way!
- Retail therapy. If there’s one thing women have in common, it’s a love of shopping. Palm Desert has plenty of retail options to choose from, so make a day of it.
- Evening out. Top off a day of extra-girly fun with an evening out on the town at one of Palm Desert’s clubs, classy cafes or wine bars, perfect for letting your hair down – in style!
Looking for an escape from the bustle of the city? If you live anywhere in Southern California, Palm Desert is just a short drive away – so you can schedule a getaway that’s low on stress but high on fun nearly any time you choose. Try these simple escape techniques.
- Take a worry-free weekend. Need a break but don’t have the time? Even if you can only head out on Friday and leave on Sunday, you’ll enjoy a full 48 hours of fun – and never once think about the office.
- Spend less, see more. If you want a luxurious vacation without the price tag, there’s no better value than Palm Desert. With plenty of free things to do, as well as a variety of accommodation options, casual dining choices and of course its easy-to-reach location, Palm Desert is the perfect place to get away from it all – including the bill.
- Get a breath of fresh air. There’s nothing like a little time outdoors to make your escape more memorable – especially if you’re coming from the city. Palm Desert is home to plenty of great hikes – and all the clean air and blue skies you could wish for.
- Be spontaneous. If you want an escape that’s truly easy, sometimes it’s best not to plan a thing. Just pack some comfortable clothes and an open mind – and see where the weekend takes you.
What’s better than a day in the great outdoors? A sunny day in the great outdoors! Whether you like to hike, bike or just get close to nature, you’ll find plenty of outdoor activities in Palm Desert. Start planning your trip with these exciting activities.
- Take a hike. Located in the scenic Coachella Valley, Palm Desert is surrounded by beautiful foothills, mountain ranges and even Joshua Tree National Park – all of which offer great places to hike.
- Tee off. Palm Desert is a great place to improve your golf game – or just enjoy good times on unforgettable greens. Check out Desert Willow Golf Resort for championship golf and your best round ever.
- Head out for a ride. Whether you’re a fan of mountain trails or roadside rides, Palm Desert has plenty of places to enjoy the views on two wheels.
- Play at the park. Even in the heart of winter you can still enjoy a day at the park in Palm Desert. From a simple stroll to basketball, disc golf, skate boarding and more, Palm Desert parks are a great way to enjoy the sunshine.